It’s Top 10 Tuesday!!!
Here is a quick list of the 10 awesome things I did in Osaka, (some of it were even my “FIRST TIME”), while illustrating it thru my Osaka Art Travel Journal! ❤️
1. I avoided expensive hotels and booked via AirBnb. It was my goal not to spend too much while enjoying the trip. Imagine ¥8000 for two nights in this cozy loft.
2. Visited thousands of water species in Osaka Aquarium, Kaiyukan! It was my first time to see penguins and whale shark in a big aquarium. Very child friendly place.
3. Conquered my fear of heights ALONE, by riding the Tempozan Ferris Wheel.
4. I am not comfortable eating in public alone, but I did it in Dotonbori. I ate green tea cream puff and 8 pieces of Takoyaki while looking for some “pasalubong” or ‘omiyage’.
5. I would never miss a chance to take a photo with Glico Man, not once but twice!!!
6. Traveled outside the city, I had a one day trip in Kyoto! Soon on my blog.
7. Satisfied my undying Ramen cravings!
8. Just like Tokyo, they also have their observatory tower. So far, this was my third tower in Japan. This is Tsutentaku Tower at 91 meters high.
9.Spent four hours in Osaka Castle; learning history, checking artifacts and seeing the breathtaking overlooking view of Osaka. It’s not just about good photos. 🙂
10. For the FIRST TIME, I ended my trip buying post cards and send it to my loved ones!
Aside from showcasing my first travel art journal (inspired by @snapperdoodles & @iamfeelingcraftytoday), I am also very excited to share that I already posted the whole story of this trip entitled, The Wanderess: Solo Backpacking in Osaka. You can read it here. 🏯 🎌
Thanks for reading my Tuesday entry! See you tomorrow for Crafty Wednesday.